Thursday 25, 2014 Guerneville CA.
About a month ago, I was sitting at my computer and I found a small piece of wire in my mouth. I wasn’t eating anything and I hadn’t eaten anything recently, so I was mystified where it came from. I was also glad I found it and I didn’t swallow it, but maybe I had regurgitated it?
I stuck the little wire in a piece of green clay just in case.
Last night I used my Webber 100 BBQ to cook a steak and some potatoes. While I was eating, another piece of that wire stuck in my tongue. Not good.
So that’s where that little wire came from.
I heat up my BBQ and then give it a good brush to get the burned crud off. I’m doing this in the dark, as my lighting there isn’t too good.
I didn’t like what I found. The cleaning brush I was using was falling apart and the little wires were breaking off and getting stuck on my grill. Not good.
This morning I went out to see just how bad the broken wire thing was and didn’t like what I found.
Part of this is my fault as I don’t have good lighting to BBQ. But things like this shouldn’t happen as they can be real dangerous to unsuspecting people. I plan to get another brush with bigger wires as I used to use and improve the lighting.
Now, I can only hope that I didn’t swallow any of the little wires as that could get me into some serious trouble and I’m afraid only time will tell about that.
These brushes came on the market a couple years ago and I know there are a lot of them out there, so I thought it would be a good idea to gave a heads up to unsuspecting people that may be using wire brushes to clean the grill.
I just did a search and found that this is a common problem with these brushes.
On a lighter note, I always bake my Aunt a loaf of bread for Christmas which I did last night. At the same time I baked some pull apart rolls for dinner today which I will have at my Brother Barry’s house, a bit later.
Merry Christmas to all..