Saturday November 9, 2013, Guerneville, CA.
I thought I’d fix the van starter and the exhaust leak today
I started out with the exhaust leak. I took the exhaust pipe off and put the new doughnut gasket on. I wasn’t too happy with the fit. It seemed the exhaust pipe that holds the gasket wasn’t holding the gasket tight enough after I tightened it up. The gasket just barely tightened up.
When I started the engine, I still have some exhaust leaks. I think I’ll have to get a new piece for the exhaust pipe to fix that. I’ll have to check into that.
While I was in there, I turned up the idle screw on the injection system as it was a little low and dying once in a while.
Then I put the shim in the new starter and tried that. Much better, it seems to release properly now.
I thought about going down to the river to kayak, but it was so nice in the yard, I just stayed here and puttered around in the yard the rest of the day, mostly doing very little.
I did a little domestic stuff too. Washed the bed stuff and washed the shower curtain, which was much needed.
I plan to take the exhaust apart again tomorrow and then go down and kayak for the day.
That’s it for a nice day.