One of Those Days, But I Did Get a Little Done on the Cooler Unit

Saturday November 25, 2017 Guerneville CA.

I couldn’t get it going today

Today was one of those days when I just couldn’t seem to get it going. I hung out in the house for most of the day.

Sometime in the afternoon  I finally got enough energy to do something.

I went outside and started the project I wanted to do today.

The brackets don’t work out

I installed the brackets I made the other day on the van’s new coolant cooler.cooler

 

Unfortunately when I tried to mount the unit on the front of the van I didn’t like how it was working out so I sat down and thought about it for a bit.

The solution was to start over

The best solution seemed to be to start over and remake the brackets.

So I cut metal and welded metal and slapped some paint on it. The parts were hot from welding them so they were a bit on the hot side so the paint sizzled a bit, but dried quickly.

Drained the van’s coolant

While the paint was drying I got under the van and drained the radiator coolant as it needed done to cut the system into the radiator.

I also removed the spare tire so I could work on mounting the unit easier.

Success

Once the paint was dry I tried mounting the unit again and was much happier with how it turned out.

This is what the mounted unit looks like after mounting it. Looks ok.fan

 

That was it for the day

By now the day was cooling down so I put things away and retired to the house for the rest of the day.

I need to get some new heater hoses so I couldn’t do much else anyway.

That was it for me today.

(Visited 98 times, 1 visits today)
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.