Sunday October 17, 2021 Guerneville CA.
We were to get our first rain of the season this afternoon, so I got right to work on the van.
Rat nest of wires
Testing the gauges
After some work hooking up the wires I turned the key to see the result. The blue oil pressure gauge didn’t go on but the other two green ones did. I looked around and moved one of it’s wires to where it was supposed to go and tried again.
They all turned on so I tidied up the wires a bit and forgot to fasten the top green gauge in with it’s bracket as I can see from the picture, it’s not seated to the dash but at least it works. I’ll fix that little problem tomorrow. It’s a hard place to get to the rear of the gauge to install the bracket.
Led sealing lights
I hooked them up and tried the plastic switch slider that I’d painted yesterday and both of them were very hard to slide as the paint had sorta glued them. I pried the sliders to brake them loose and they were better but still very hard to turn on and off. I got my can of silicone and gave them each a spray and that did the trick. Now they worked real easy. Silicone really helps lubricate plastics.